Sunday, April 19, 2015

Uinta Detour Double IPA

I'm an IPA man. I love my hops an bitterness and IBU's as much as anyone. Uinta is a brewery out of Salt Lake City, UT and this is the first beer I've ever had from them. If I love IPA's then it stands to reason that I'll love a double IPA twice as much right? Well, that's not far from the truth. This beast of a DIPA clocks in at 95 IBU which is just the perfect amount of bitter to make my tongue smile. If you tend to shy away from the bitter beer then stay far away from Detour. Another one high on the ABV, Detour pushes the Drinkenscale all the way up to 9.5. That's enough to make you feel it. You don't taste it much though. For being such a high ABV, Detour drinks nice and smooth with little to no alcohol burn. A worthy addition to my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment