Sunday, April 12, 2015

Ephemere Pomme Apple

I was all ready to come on here and talk about how I've never been disappointed by a beer with a cork in it...and that still remains true to come extent. This is a good beer from Canadian brewer Unibroue, but I was expecting more after I drank their Ephemere Cranberry last week. I loved that beer and since I like apple more than cranberry it seemed likely I would enjoy their Apple even more...but that just isn't true.

I definitely taste the apple, and it has a good flavor. The scent of the apple comes through a lot more than the flavor.  Had I not had such high expectations I'm sure I would be loving this beer. As it stands though, I can only say that it's alright. A modest 5.5 on the Drinkenscale means this is a beer that won't get you drunk too fast. It's light and fruity so it's easy to drink. I'd definitely recommend it, and I'll have to drink it again sometime so I can see if I like it more when I don't have high aspirations for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment