Saturday, April 18, 2015

Sam Adams Blueberry Hill Lager

This will be an "I don't know...it was in my fridge" entry. While waiting for some good beer to cool I decided to drink something from my fridge. This had been in there while and I honestly don't even remember why I bought it. I'm guessing I was building a 6 pack at one of the small liquor stores and their selection was very limited.

Anyway, this isn't bad. It smells strongly of blueberry and it has a blueberry flavor to it. The underlying beer just isn't that great. This would be a good inoffensive beer for a person who doesn't really drink beer because the beer doesn't shine through.

5.5 on the Drinkenscale, so it's not going to get you drunk quickly. 18 IBU which I'm assuming is the bitterness from the blueberries because beer sure as hell isn't coming through on that measurement.

You can do worse than this Sam Adams Blueberry Lager but I wouldn't really recommend buying it unless you are really low on choices or you really like blueberry. Although, I've had superior blueberry beer in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment