Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Beer'd Baron Visits: Big Axe Brewing

Finally, a Gastropub near me! I was extremely excited to visit Big Axe Brewing last night and sample their selection of beer.

Ugh...I need a better camera.

That's supposed to be a picture of the beer menu but it didn't come out too particularly well...They have 5 beers on tap and no clever names for them. Amber Ale, IPA, Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, American Wheat, and a Red Ale.



I had a flight so I could try them all and I was relatively impressed. None of them stood out as being amazing but they were all good beers. The Chocolate Oatmeal Stout was definitely lacking chocolate...to the point that I tasted none but it was still good. If they just called it a stout I wouldn't have been disappointed at all but since they called it a Chocolate Oatmeal Stout I was looking for chocolate that just wasn't there.

The IPA was the best beer but that's not really a surprise coming from me. I love IPA's. Big Axe's is definitely a good one. Nice citrus flavors, good hops, just a good overall IPA.

The Red, the Amber, and the Wheat were all good with the Red standing out the most. Good flavors, good hops, good beer.

I'll definitely return in the future. The food was good but I'm not going to get into that since this isn't a food blog but I will say I had a tasty cheeseburger. 

I'll be going back in the future and writing more in depth about each of their beers individually but for now I'll just say that I was satisfied.

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment