Saturday, May 9, 2015

O'Dell's Tree Shaker Imperial Peach IPA

After the first two heavy and high drinkenscale beers I'd had I figured I would lighten things up a bit...

Look! You can see through it...and it has the word Peach in it! It must be lighter and lower on the drinkenscale, right? 

Well, it is...but not by much. This robust Imperial Peach IPA measures in at 8.0 which is still enough to put you down if you aren't careful. It doesn't taste like it at all though. This is a Ninja Beer. You never see it coming. One minute you're upright and enjoying life then BAM! katana in the gut. Ninja Beer. 

The peach is subtle but it's good. I'm a little concerned this beer isn't sure what it wants to be. I see IPA and I think IBU but it's relatively low at 48. I see peach and I think fruit beer but the peach isn't the star of this beer. It's a good beer, just not what's expected when you read the label. It is very crisp and refreshing though. I could sit and drink these all day but I only bought one bottle. O'Dell's has never let me down in the past. I'll keep drinking their beers going forward, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment