Saturday, August 22, 2015

Liquid Distilled Happiness in a Bottle. New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red

The beer so classy it has to be photographed on the stairs!

This are really two sides to this particular beverage. On one hand, it might be the greatest thing I've ever put in my mouth. Just pure liquid deliciousness. On the other hand, it really doesn't possess any of the traits of a beer so I can't call it the greatest beer ever but I can call it ridiculously tasty and amazing.

Very low, only a 4.0 on the drinkenscale, so it's definitely not going to get you drunk unless you drink a whole lot of it. You might want to after the first sip though. 



WAIT! Before you sip, you should smell! This stuff smells like a cherry blasted heaven has been forcibly shoved into my nose hole. I never want to stop smelling it...but I had to...so I could drink it.

There is one flavor that stands out more than anything...CHERRY. This is a cherry drink with hope and malt and other beer stuff. The other beer stuff must lend to the flavor but it does it in the background because the only thing that really stands out is the cherry. However, it is not cloyingly sweet or overly sour. The other ingredients are damn near impossible to pick out but they work together to create this amazing drink. Hell, even my wife liked it! and she hates beer!

As a beer blog, I should judge this as a beer...but it's hard! It doesn't have any of the qualities that beer usually possesses but it's so damn good otherwise. I'm saying this is probably the best drink ever but I could never call it the best BEER.

If you are in Wisconsin and have the opportunity to get your hands on a bottle of Wisconsin Belgian Red you better! If you don't, I'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment