Monday, March 29, 2021

Dill and Cream...together at last??



I love pickles 

I love beer

I have enjoyed all pickle beer I’ve had

I love Jack Pine (the bewery physically closest to me)

I LIKE cream ale

I...don’t really like this.

First sip and I got hit with what seem to be a nondescript taste I can only describe as “weird”

Then, on the back end some of the dill kicked in and it helped but it still was just missing something.

it feels like they needed to go MORE in one direction, either make it more beery or more dilly. As it stands neither flavor really shines through so it tastes a little muddled.

Jack Pine has a massively high success rate with beer so there’s bound to be a miss or two sometimes. I’m sure there are a lot of people who dug this but I’m just not one of them.

Oh, and it’s very low at a 4.3 on the Drunkenscale so you’re not going to be getting drunk on this either. I’ll drink a bad tasting beer if it’s getting me drunk but session beers have to be really tasty.



1 comment:

  1. That’s a shame too. They normally knock it out of the park with their different beers, like the jalapeño cream ale. I know a lot of people like this one, but i see where you’re coming from.

    ReplyDelete